Covid Questions and Answers
Your safety, and that of our actors, crew and all front of house volunteers, is of the utmost importance. We have compiled these questions and answers so that you can know what to expect when you buy tickets for a Loft Theatre production, and what you will be asked to do to help ensure everyone’s continued safety.
- How do I buy my ticket? How do I order refreshments and programmes?
Please buy your ticket online as an E-TICKET, which will be sent to your email inbox; you can then show this on your mobile phone, or print it off at home to bring with you.
Please also pre-order your interval refreshments and programmes online at the same time as you are buying your tickets.
This will allow you to enter our theatre more easily, minimise the amount of time you may have to queue, and reduce contact with the front of house team.
- Will I be able to collect a paper ticket at the Box Office?
No – please prebook your ticket online as an E-TICKET, which will be sent to your email inbox; you can then show it on your mobile phone, or print off at home to bring with you. Any customers buying tickets at the last minute on a performance night will however be given a paper ticket.
- Will I have to wear a mask?
Yes, in line with government restrictions, we will be asking all audience members to wear a mask, unless you are prevented from doing so for medical reasons. Our crew will all be wearing masks. You are welcome to remove your mask temporarily while eating or drinking in the theatre.
Face coverings must be worn during the performance unless:
- you have a physical or mental illness or impairment, or a disability that means you cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering
- putting on, wearing or removing a face covering would cause you severe distress
- you are consuming your preordered drinks and refreshments.
To find about more about face covering exemptions, and to download an exemption card or badge, please visit the government website here:
- How will you keep me distanced from other people or groups?
- Our online booking system will automatically assign a seat or group of seats for you which will be socially distanced from other individuals or groups.
- You will be asked to wear masks and to hand sanitise on arrival.
- To access the auditorium, we will be asking you to enter via the upper foyer doors (next to the bar) unless you are unable to climb the stairs, and to leave at the bottom (including during the interval). Our front of house staff will be ready to assist anyone having difficulty.
- We ask you to maintain a safe social distance where possible when queuing to take your seats. Whilst the capacity in the auditorium has been greatly reduced, you may need to pass someone to take your seat. Please mitigate any risk by keeping your mask on and turning away as you pass.
- The toilets will be available for use ONLY on a one-in-one-out basis.
- If I am unable to climb the stairs in your one-way system, will I still be socially distanced?
Yes – our front of house staff will be able to direct you safely to your seats.
- How many people can be in my group?
Please note that you may now only be seated with other members of your household or support bubble, to a maximum of six people. If you wish to bring a school party, or have a disability, please contact the box office and we will help you to make your booking. The box office number is 01926 830 680 (please leave a message if you get our voicemail – we will get back to you as soon as possible), or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- What if I have more than 6 people in my group?
If you wish to bring a school or similar large party, please contact the box office and we will help you to make your booking. The box office number is 01926 830 680 (please leave a message if you get our voicemail – we will get back to you as soon as possible), or email email@example.com
- How many seats will be available for sale?
We will be making just 70 tickets available for sale each night, instead of our normal capacity of 200, and leaving every alternate row empty. Our booking system has been adjusted so that groups and individuals are automatically seated where they will be distanced from others.
Please note that groups are limited to a maximum of six people in line with government restrictions. If you wish to bring a school or similar large party, please contact the box office and we will help you to make your booking. The box office number is 01926 830 680 (please leave a message if you get our voicemail – we will get back to you as soon as possible), or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Will I be able to buy interval refreshments?
Please pre-order your interval drinks, ice creams and other refreshments at the same time as you buy your ticket online. This not only enables paperless transactions, but it minimises contact with others.
Your order will be ready for you on a table in the foyer, or delivered to your seat.
- Will we have to provide you with our contact details for Track and Trace?
Yes, we will be collecting contact details for the lead booker through the online booking system, and also for anyone who does come to the box office for a last minute seat.
- Will I need to have my temperature checked?
No, we will not be taking your temperature. If, however, you feel that you do have a temperature on arrival, please tell us. Although you and anyone with you will not be allowed to enter the theatre, we will refund or exchange your tickets.
- What happens if I feel ill before the performance?
Please do NOT attend if you feel (or a member of your party feels) unwell. Contact us and we will refund or exchange your tickets, whichever you choose.
- Please do not attend the venue if you
- believe you may be infected with COVID-19;
- have experienced symptoms in the last 14 days;
- have been in close proximity to anyone who has experienced symptoms in the last 14 days;
- have arrived in England in the last 14 days and are not covered by the exemption rules relating to self-isolation; or
- have been instructed to self-isolate.
Any individual who considers themselves to be clinically extremely vulnerable or who is in the same household or support bubble as someone who considers themselves to be clinically extremely vulnerable is advised not to attend.
- What cleaning and disinfecting is being done at the Loft Theatre?
To keep you safe, we are cleaning our venues before every performance, and regularly disinfecting all seats and surfaces. Fogging will take place at the beginning of the run and lasts for ten days – this involves using an organic, non-toxic, non-hazardous, alcohol and chemical-free substance similar to that used on aircraft. All surfaces and seating are being treated regularly.
Please use the hand sanitiser provided when you enter and exit the theatre.
- What should I do if I become unwell after my theatre visit?
We are working with the government to ‘Track And Trace’. If you display COVID-19 symptoms, you will be required to inform us.
Thank you for supporting us to keep everyone as safe as we can. We look forward to seeing you at the Loft Theatre again very soon.